Search Site
Labor and Employment FAQ

Vermont law requires your employer to pay in the ordinary course all wages earned and may not withhold any portion.Vermont law does not require that but an employment contract or union collective bargaining agreement may.If you cannot return to work full time your employer need not pay you as if you were working full time, but if your medical leave is because of a work injury you are entitled to workers comp wage replacement benefits.Your employer must pay all wages earned.No, but your employer may require you to continue to make your same contribution while you are out.Ordinarily no. A private, non-public employer need not respect your choices in that regard and may require you to work unless there is a contract, work rule, or collective bargaining agreement that states otherwise.It depends on how the termination was wrongful.
Either three or six years.
It depends on whether your job description calls for it. If it does and you don’t , you may be in breach of your employment agreement or may be deemed insubordinate.If you are an at will employee, without a contract or union agreement, and the disability is not covered by Vermont’s Family Leave law, you may be.
Different rules may apply if your disability is part of a workers comp claim.

Request A FREE Consultation

Submit your message today and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

…Or Stop By

Our Brattleboro Offices
42 Park Place
Brattleboro, Vermont 05301
Phone: 802-257-2221
Fax: 802-257-2373
Cell: 802-380-2335
Email: [email protected]

  • Platinum Client Champion badge
  • American Association for Justice Badge
  • Make a Payment